Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Afro Latino History

http://www.afrolatinos.tv/index.php?root.display/104/Colombia

http://www.afrolatinos.tv/index.php?roots.map


___________

Can African Americans please STOP defining other people's racial identity for them? Newsflash you're NOT the boss of us. Not all African Americans but too many African Americans I have come across in my young life have an ignorant and limited view on blackness and black people. If you're not African American, you're not black. If you have a Spanish last name you're not black. If you're too light for them, you're not black. If you have a certain hair type/texture you're not Black. If you're weren't born in Africa, Jamaica, Haiti or to slaves in America you're not black. On and on. Educate yourself. There's a black world outside of your limited imagination and education.


-Destiny

__________________


Actually the girl is a black latin but sadly many black folks have a hard time understanding that euros didn't just drop us off in North America and a few places like Jamaica and the Bahamas. Thats why folks like LA LA got to explain that she is black to these slow fools. Just like my sister in law with a freaking college degree telling me the people in Jamaica are black but someone like Sammy Sosa isn't cause he speaks spanish (may the lord have mercy on ignorant educated folks). I gave that woman one of Paul Mooney's DVDs and said watch that then come back after Paul tells it like it is and tell me Sammy ain't black....LOL!!!

Sounds like some folks need to see Black in Latin America.

Anyway blacks folks need to stop reading Essence. I mean how stupid are people? Didn't they tell you what they were about when they had Kim K on the cover? Didn't they tell you what they were about when the black owner refused to listen to black business people offers to buy the company instead selling it to white buyers??

Just a little secret for the slow people...........Ess ence is not for you if you are black!!!

-originalman

_________

Thanks for the clarification because I'm like how is she not black? I thought they were saying she doesn't consider herself to be black which is sadly true for many of my fellow Blatinos. They stay trying to deny. I don't know how many times I had to try to tell people that my Cuban ancestry is not relative to my skin colour. I cringed when people ask me if I'm black and half Cuban. My dad is Afro-Cuban proud.

-Ventena Vista

No comments: